Friday 4 July 2008

My Rover P6


Here is a picture of my car. My Rover P6.

This old girl was bought by my Grandad in April 1971. I was only 4 at the time, Grandad was 64. However, two years later, he died. The Rover was a loved and respected car in our house, and by the time I was 17 and passed my driving test, the Rover was 13 years old and the only car I really wanted to drive. The car stayed in our family, owned by by Gran, then my Mum, and then in 1995 with a genuine 59,089 miles on the clock - she became mine!

She certainly didn't look like this, underneath, the sills had taken quite a battering from the metal moth and the doors were ragged. After ages of 'little by little' saving and spending, she finally had all the rust taken out and a respray in 1996 - and still looks great 12 years later with only 64,000 miles on the clock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog and saw your post on fuel additives.

Perhaps this is a solution:
www.mileagebooster.co.uk

I have seen many reports of people saying their engines run smoother and clean up with this simple thing.

Kent B

Anonymous said...

Brilliant Blog Brian!!
Wish I had the skills to do it!
Dave Pilkie